Friday, November 11, 2011

Dear Abbey: My husband and I are not religious...

An interesting comment on the state of "Christians" relevant to the GOP/Tea Baggers who seem so good at standing on selective admonishments culled from irrelevant verses to make their point.

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I are not religious. We believe that people are entitiled to their own beliefs. My problem lies with my brother-in-law and his wife. They are two of the most judgemental, sanctimonious people I have ever known. They "hate" (their word) Mormons, Catholics, etc. How would you suggest I respond to their criticism of our "lack" of Christianity and their offers to pray for us?
-BITING TONGUE IN GREAT FALLS, MONT.

DEAR BITING TONGUE: If your relatives are an example of people who practice Christianity, heaven help the rest of us. If you must interact with them, practice selective deafness, and when they spout hatred, excuse yourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome - but please, no foul language:

IntenseDebate Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...